Commercial lip gloss can contain artificial colors and fragrances. Make your own natural lip gloss that is easy, fun, and can be customized with your favorite lip gloss colors and essential oils.
¼ teaspoon white beeswax
¾ teaspoon Shea butter (or virgin coconut oil)
½ teaspoon doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
2 ¼ teaspoon castor oil
¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil
7 drops favorite essential oil
Pigment (such as organic beet root powder or mineral makeup)
Note: This is enough to fill two standard lip gloss tubes. You can find empty lip gloss tubes online and at local beauty stores.
- Place all ingredients, except for essential oil, into a glass jar
- Place jar in a saucepan with one to one and a half inches of boiling water
- Once melted, remove and let cool for two minutes
- Add essential oil
- For color, add pigment and stir until combined
- Note: Start with a little and add more until you get desired color
- Using a dropper, transfer into the lip gloss containers. If it starts to get too thick, place glass jar back in warm water to melt